In 2011, in the exhibition hall of the siege “OECD”, located in the “The Château de la Muette”(Paris), Paris, France, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the “OECD”, were held solo exhibition of Victor Musi “Twenty-5”.
In this exhibition were presented paintings of the last period of the artist (the period “Total obsession”) and a limited edition graphics “Total obsession”.
OECD – the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Membership : 34 countries.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) celebrated its 50th anniversary (2011) , but its roots go back to the rubble of Europe after World War II. Determined to avoid the mistakes of their predecessors in the wake of World War I, European leaders realised that the best way to ensure lasting peace was to encourage co-operation and reconstruction, rather than punish the defeated. The mission of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
The Château de la Muette (Paris).
Reine Margot. First Château – At the end of the 16th century, Charles IX had a royal hunting lodge on the site transformed into a small château for Marguerite de Valois (popularly known as Reine Margot), the first wife of Henry IV. Although their marriage was always rocky and eventually annulled, they became friends late in life and she was able to return to Paris and set up house in the château. Marguerite bequeathed her château to the little Dauphin, later Louis XIII, in 1606. On the Duchesse de Berry’s death in 1719, the château passed to the nine-year-old king, Louis XV.
Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette. Second Château – Louis XVI is said to have spent the happiest days of his life at the château with his young bride, although they had no knowledge of sexual matters and thus did not have children for seven years. During this period Louis abolished certain royal taxes, and he opened the gates of the Bois de Boulogne to the populace. The Emperor Joseph II, Marie-Antoinette’s brother (travelling incognito under the name of “Count Falkenstein”) visited the couple here in April 1777.
Baron Henri James de Rothschild. Third Château – Between 1912 and 1919, the family began to subdivide Franqueville the park. Two large tracts ceded to include Henri de Rothschild, who built between 1921 and 1922 by the architect Lucien Hesse a large castle in the style of the eighteenth century. On the death of the Earl of Franqueville in 1919, which remains of the old Château de la Muette is demolished, the last vestiges disappear in 1926 .
In 1949, it became the headquarters of the Organization for European Economic Co-operation (OEEC) set up under the Marshall Plan to help administer funds provided by the United States to promote post-war recovery and to encourage European economic cooperation. The OEEC developed into the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 1961, with the new Château de la Muette as its headquarters.